Wednesday, May 28, 2008

annoyed

Just plainly annoyed. Really missing someone I can vent to, so for now I'll have to just keep it in and hope that someone doesn't set me off. ARGH! For now I'll try to just vent through going to the store or park....maybe i'll just jog there...

I've realized that this is my second post that is semi-negative in tone. So here is an explanation. I really like the lifestyle, people, and overall environment of Muscat. I like the food and the way of life in general. I just have an issue with my specific position within HSBC. I really feel like I'm not being utilized because I am probably overqualified for the department that I am in. They would be better off with someone that is in Marketing or Organization. My department is Business Banking, except everything that involves mathematical thinking is automated or outsourced to a different division. They are currently expanding and are increasing the number of PR events and promotions that they are doing. Somehow they passed over the parts in my resume that emphasize the quantitative skills and kinda used their imagination in putting in my love of planning events. So, when I came into the department the boss sat down with me to go over my projects and was completely unprepared to be dealing with someone who has no interest at all in planning and organizing. So he has given me bitch work to do that is tedious and boring. I've realized that as a generalization, Omanis don't like to do work so they take forever workign on things. I can't stand not being busy at work so, I'm planning on just finishing my projects sometime early next week (my weekend is thursday and friday). And just handing them in and nicely demanding to be transferred to a different department while I await going into Global Securities early June. So wait for the drama to ensue.

No comments: